Have you ever opened an application on a laptop or PC then suddenly the application appeared warning "…… is not responding"? Such things are common in computers as sophisticated and expensive. Usually the not responding signs are when you want to open the application, the response is long. After that, a white transparent screen will appear while a not responding dialog comes out.
Surely this event will make anyone be annoyed and want to immediately reinstall the laptop or PC. However, you should not rush to do that. Because, if you hurry to reinstall, the incident could have happened again. Therefore, first understand why the computer often doesn't respond to the following.
1. Many applications are installed
Too many applications installed on laptops or computers have a share of why computers often hang . This can happen because the process inside the computer to open applications is too much. As a result, applications that have a large size will have difficulty processing the data and causing the application to hang.
2. Excessive use of skin
Maybe you've heard of or have used an application to beautify the skin on a laptop or PC screen. However, do you realize that this actually makes the RAM of your computer or laptop use a lot. Although the skins used are not too large, but if you use a lot, it will make RAM performance even harder. Therefore, it would be better to use a normal display.
3. Passing Muititasking
Multitasking or opening applications simultaneously can also make the application hang. Indeed, multitasking ways can speed up the work that is being done. However, similar to the case in point two, RAM will be used a lot. This causes the application to hang. Therefore, if you still want to do multitasking, just open a maximum of two applications so that RAM performance is not too hard working.
4. Application that is not completely closed
When you close an application, you might not realize that the application does not close one hundred percent. Applications that have been installed on a computer or laptop will automatically continue to fire even though we have closed the application. Because of this, you feel you have closed the application and opened another application which actually caused RAM to be used a lot like in the second and third points.
5. Forcing to install an application
You need to know that not all applications can be installed on all laptops or PCs. There are applications that can only run on 32-bit and some can run on 64-bit. If an application that can only be installed on a 32-bit computer is actually installed on a 64-bit computer, the application will be error.
Besides that the operating system's influence is the same. For example, applications can only be run on Windows 7 and above. However, you install the application in Windows XP, automatically the application cannot be used and even causes it to hang. Therefore, before you already know the specifications of the computer before installing the application.
6. Hard Drive Problems
Hard drives also affect the application that is run. If the hard drive capacity is full or almost full, then the application that runs will be heavy. This is due to running the application requires a process from the hard drive or it could be the characteristics of the hard drive are damaged . Therefore, you must often check the hard disk capacity is damaged or not at least once a week so that the application does not hang frequently.
7. Computers are often hot
Does your laptop often get hot when doing daily activities? If yes, it could be that the application often hangs because of the heat from your laptop. The solution to this is to find out why the laptop is overheating, then fix it. It may be that there is a lot of dust so that your laptop often gets hot.
After we see what causes the application to often not respond, now we will find out how to overcome this so that it doesn't happen again.
- When the application is turned on and the responding message appears, first right-click on the taskbar windows. After that click "Star Task Manager".
- After that, a pop up window task manager will appear. click the "applications" tab.
- There will appear any application whose status is "Running" and "Not Responding."
- Click the application that is "Not Responding" then click "End task" below it.
- If successful, the application will be closed immediately
- If it fails, don't panic. click the tab next to it or it's called "Processes."
- There will also be many applications running on your computer. After opening the "Prosesses" tab, you see "description" to see the application you want to stop.
- If you have found it , click "End Process."
- After that a pop up will appear which says "Do you want to end ….?". Just click "End process" again.
- Done, the not responding application was successfully closed.
That's 7 reasons why computers often don't respond and how to fix it. Hopefully this article can be useful for all of you.