Welcome to the Weekly Plan Spotlight, where we’re always looking out for the big phone plan deals to make your day.
Are you looking to grab yourself the latest Android phone? Of course you are. Well sit up and listen to what Verizon have to offer. You do have to trade in your old model for this deal, but who needs the old phone when you’re getting a shiny new model before your friends?
Here’s the offer: If you join Verizon and have a decent phone to trade, you’ll get up to 50% off the Pixel 2, the Pixel 2 XL, the Samsung Galaxy S9, or the Galaxy S9 plus. Basically one of the Android top dogs.
No.1 overall network 9 times in a row – RootMetrics
Sure you have to join and stay with Verizon to get this deal, but that’s another perk. You’d be joining the top-ranked network in the US.
Sounds amazing! What’s the catch?
There’s no catch as such, but there are some T’s and C’s to consider. Here’s they are in Verizon’s own words:
- Purchase of new phone must be on an installment plan.
- Discount is applied via 24 monthly bill credits and starts within 2 bills. To get the full value, you will need to stay on your installment payment plan for the full 24 months.
- Trade-in device must be an eligible model and be in good working condition.
- Activation fee of $25/line applies.
- Requires a new line of service to qualify.
- If you cancel service, full balance is due.
- This deal excludes device’s sales taxes.
I can live with that. What kinda discount am I looking at?
Obviously it depends which model you’re looking to pick up, but there are some estimates below of what you would pay each month for your device. Remember that they don’t include the cost of your plan or monthly taxes and surcharges.
|Full Retail/50% Discount||Monthly Payment/50% Discount|
|Galaxy S9 Plus||$929.99/$464.99||$38.74/$19.37|
|Pixel 2 XL||$849.99/$424.99||$35.41/$17.71|
If you like the way those discounts are winking at you then don’t fight it anymore. Pick which model you want and have a fiddle with the widget below!
The AAPicks team writes about things we think you’ll like, and we may see a share of revenue from any purchases made through affiliate links.
Compare Phones and Plans with the Android Authority Plan Tool:
>> Source Link