Understanding Pancasila Democracy
Indonesia is a country with a democratic system. Before discussing the Pancasila democracy, we need to understand a little understanding of democracy. What is democracy? Democracy is divided into two words, namely demos and kratos.
Demos means people, and kratos means power. So, democracy was power that was in the hands of the people. In general, the notion of democracy is a government that every citizen has equal rights in terms of choosing and determining a decision which will be useful for the nation and state.
While Pancasila is an ideology of the Indonesian state, which becomes the basis of the state and guidelines for the life of the nation and state. Well, after knowing briefly about democracy and Pancasila. then we can deduce the meaning of the Pancasila democracy. What is the Pancasila democracy?
Pancasila democracy is an understanding of democracy based on the values contained in Pancasila . In general, the notion of Pancasila democracy is an understanding of democracy originating from the Indonesian people's life guidelines which are explored based on the personality of the Indonesian people themselves.
1. Drs. C.S.T. Kansil, SH.
According to Drs. C.S.T. Kansil, SH. Pancasila democracy is the fourth principle in the Pancasila state ideology and is listed in the opening of the 1945 Constitution which reads as follows, "Population led by wisdom of wisdom in representative deliberation."
2. Prof. Darjdi Darmo Diharko,
According to Prof. Darjdi Darmo Diharko, Pancasila democracy is an understanding of democracy that originates from the personality and philosophy of life of the Indonesian nation, which is manifested in the provisions of the Preamble of the 1945 Constitution.
3. Prof. R.M. Sukamto Notonagoro
According to Prof. R.M. Sukamto Notonagoro, Pancasila democracy is the basis of the Pancasila state. Popularism is led by wisdom of wisdom in the representation of representatives of the One Godhead, fair and civilized humanity, unifying Indonesia, and social justice for all the people of Indonesia.
4. Outline of the State Policy (GBHN)
According to the GBHN in 1978 and 1983, stated that to realize Pancasila democracy political development was formed in Indonesia. In order to establish dynamic political stability and implement the 1945 Pancasila system in its implementation it required stabilizing the constitutional life of democratic life and upholding the law.
The Purpose of Pancasila Democracy
Here are some of the objectives of the Pancasila democracy:
- Ensuring the rights of the Indonesian people in the administration of a country.
- Arranging all norms so that violations do not result in conflict.
- Having extensive knowledge, adult , as well as tolerance and also responsibility in 1945.
- Having an element of consciousness in the One Godhead.
- Realizing national unity and unity.
- Concerned dialogue and deliberation.  Respecting human values that are just and civilized.
- Creating social justice.
Characteristics i Pancasila Democracy
The characteristics of the Pancasila democracy are as follows:
- Government carried out in accordance with the constitution.
- Carrying out elections (elections) on an ongoing basis.
- Respecting Human Rights and protecting rights
- Pancasila democracy is competition from various ideas in solving problems.
- The best ideas will be accepted, not based on the majority of votes.
- There is no conflict between two elements of language to show meaning.  Principles of Pancasila Democracy
Here are 10 principles of the Pancasila democracy:
1. Democracy based on the One Godhead
This principle is based on the first principle in the Pancasila. The Indonesian state consists of 6 types of religions, which means that the system of implementing democracy in Indonesia must be obedient, and also in accordance with the values of each of the religious . Because every religion certainly teaches good things to its followers so that there is no confusion in the attitude of community and does not violate the prevailing norms.
Democracy based on the One Godhead, whose implementation is based on fear of God. Planting the fear of God in each soul makes it a strong fortress to avoid reprehensible actions.
2. Democracy with intelligence
Intelligence is a person's personal ability to understand, innovate, and also a solution to problems that are happening to him. As humans, we are given three types of intelligence namely: Intelligence Quotient (IQ), Emotional Quotient (EQ), and Spiritual Quotient (SQ). From here we can also know that a person's level of intelligence is different.
In regulating and implementing democracy according to the 1945 Constitution it does not only use muscle strength or mass power. Precisely the implementation of the Pancasila democracy is carried out with intelligence in taking every decision.
3. Democratic sovereignty of the people
Like the meaning of previous democracy that the highest power is in the hands of the people. The government must accept the aspirations of the people because this country is formed from the people. All policies that will be determined by the government come from the people, by the people and for the people. Well, this people's sovereignty is entrusted to the MPR (DPR, DPD) and DPRD.
4. Democracy with the Rule of Law
The principle of Pancasila democracy has four important things, namely:
- The power of the Republic of Indonesia must contain, protect, and develop legal truths (1945-1939]) rather than Portuguese democracy. inclusion, slapery democracy, or manipulative democracy.
- The country's power provides legal justice ( legal justice ) not democracy limited to formal and mock justice.
- State power guarantees legal certainty ( legal security ) is not a democracy that allows chaos or anarchism.
- The state's power casts legal benefits or interests ( legal interest ), such as peace and development, not democracy that enlarges slander and scolding or making damage, hostility and division.
5. Democracy with the separation of state powers 
Democracy with the separation of state power ” width=”550″ height=”335″/>
Pancasila democracy according to the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia experienced division and separation of powers ( division and seperation of power ) with a system of supervision and balancing ( check and balance ).
This not only recognizes that state power is legally unlimited, but that democracy is also confirmed by the separation of state power and given to responsible state agencies.
6. Democracy with human rights
Pancasila democracy does not only respect the existence of Human Rights (1945 Human Rights) but also exalts the dignity and degree of humanity as a whole. Human rights are universal or general owned by the whole community.
7. Democracy with an independent court
Pancasila democracy that wants the implementation of an independent court system by giving broad opportunities to interested parties to find and find the most legal fair.
All parties also have the same rights to submit facts, considerations, arguments, witnesses, other evidence. Courts in Indonesia are free, meaning that they are impartial to anyone or neutral and give sanctions without regard to the economic, social and popularity status of individuals who undergo legal proceedings
8. Democracy with regional autonomy
The Pancasila democracy was carried out with the principle of autonomy, namely, the government built autonomous regions in the provinces and districts. With the intention of being able to regulate and carry out government affairs as its own household affairs provided by the Central Government. This also serves to explore the potential and use it as an instrument to develop the area.
9. Democracy with prosperity
The principle is to make a prosperous country by all the people of Indonesia which includes several aspects such as rights and obligations, people's sovereignty, division of power, or legal justice. This has an impact on the lack of conflict between religions and races.
10. Social justice democracy 
Democracy according to the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia outlines social justice in various community groups. That is, everyone gets the same treatment before the law, without looking at certain economic and social groups.
That is an explanation of the definition of Pancasila democracy, the aims, characteristics, and principles of Pancasila democracy. Thank you and hope this article will be useful.
Nesabamedia.com is an online media that presents  interesting content about computers, internet, networks, android, websites and several other topics related to the computer world.