It has now been over a week since Huawei was added to the U.S. government’s Entity List. Each day since has brought with it more bad news for the Chinese telecom.
So we decided to ask you if you believe Huawei is in trouble. Here’s what you had to say.
Do you think Huawei could survive without Android?
Averaging out the over 36 thousand votes across Android Authority’s website, Twitter, and Facebook, a majority of those who participated in this week’s poll are worried about Huawei’s future. Although the margins are thin, the comment section and responses are full of back and forth on why the company might or might not survive this ever-growing ordeal.
For now, it’s still unclear which side is right. Huawei has been granted a limited 90-day license that’s good through August. During that period, the company can remain in business with U.S.-owned companies. If the consent isn’t extended or if Huawei isn’t removed from the Entity List through trade war discussions with China, it would have to roll out its custom operating system and find new (non-U.S.) business partners to make crucial parts of its devices.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- In China, their biggest market, I’m sure they’ll be fine. But in Europe, where they were already number two and aiming to surpass Samsung as the continent’s number 1 OEM, no Android will be a fatal blow to them.
- They sold over 100 million phones in China alone. They’ll survive.
- It’s certainly a big blow to Huawei, as to how many of you will buy a phone which is not offering trusted security in the near future? They may develop or use any other OS available in the market, but it will certainly give Huawei a blow. In China, due to the fierce competition, their market share may also come down. it’s a big testing time for Huawei…
- The ban will provide an opportunity for Huawei to start its own services instead of relying on Google. Only Google is going to lose.
- Huawei will be just fine. Plus we need more competition, just two OS is not enough for this big planet, imo.
- They are so big, I think they will survive. But it’s not going to be easy. They said they have been preparing for this years in advance, so like I said, they’re gonna be fine
- An operating system is one thing. A fully fledged app store with a large developer base is another. That’s something Huawei doesn’t have, and that’s where their OS will fail.
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below.
>> Source Link