Currently the need for data sharing can not be denied anymore. With a computer / laptop, we can easily share resources to fellow users either through wired media and wireless media. The resource in question can be files or hardware, eg printer.
Suppose that in your office space there is only 1 printer, and you want 1 printer is used by one office room, then you need to share first. Previously I explained about sharing printer in previous article, but maybe some people there are not match / unsuccessful in that way, so I deliberately make further article.
Using HomeGroup for Sharing Printer
For sharing printers in windows, we can use the HomeGroup feature that can be accessed by default by users of windows 7 and above. This is a default feature of windows, so you do not have to install it.
This HomeGroup can be used to share data and printers to other users connected in the same network. Remember yes in the same network. So make sure your computer / laptop and other users are connected in the same network, for example connected to the same WiFi network. Immediately, the following steps using HomeGroup for printer sharing.
1. On laptop A, please go to Control Panel . One way to open it can be with the Windows + R and then type control panel then Enter .
2. Next select Choose homegroup and sharing options .
3. Before creating HomeGroup first you must change your network profile to Private . If your network profile has been set private then you will not find notifis like this. If not, select Change network location then select Yes to convert network profile to private.
4. To create HomeGroup just select Create a homegroup .
5. Next select Next .
6. Specify what files or data you want to share. For this step leave default but make sure once again to Printers & Devices select Shared field. Next select Next .
7. A homegroup password will appear. Any computer / laptop that wants to enter your homegroup must first enter the password. Next select Finish .
8. On laptop B (which wants to join the homegroup of laptop A), open also the HomeGroup menu via Control Panel . It should appear the name of homegroup that has been made by laptop A but at this step sometimes error, homegroup that have been made not appear / kedetek . To resolve this just click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter .
9. Next select Next . Wait process troubleshooting to complete, just a few minutes.
10. A homegroup has been created by computer A, please select Join now to join the homegroup.
11. Select Next .
13. Select Next again.
14. Enter the homegroup password that was made by laptop A. Then select Next to continue.
15. Last select Finish . Well now you are connected to homegroup laptop A. You can access the folder / file that has been shared by laptop, including printer also you can use
16. When you want to print a document, select the printer name that has been shared by laptop A . Make sure the status of the printer Ready yes not the Offline .
That's how to use HomeGroup for printer sharing. Not only used for printer sharing only loh, you can also share your files and data to other users who have joined in HomeGroup that you have created. Well, I hope this article useful and make sure you share it with your friends, who knows they have the same problems with you.