Have you ever experienced the problem of a sound icon on your taskbar
has a red x or "No Audio Output Device" message as shown
above ? The effect is a computer or
Your laptop does not have sound.
This is usually caused by error
one of two problems:
1. The Windows system has disabled your audio device
due to driver conflict issues.
2. Your PC / Laptop
not installed audio driver that matches your audio chipset, or
There are several repair methods to resolve No Audio Output Device in Windows 7/8/10 that you can try below:
Solution 1: Unistall the audio driver manually & reinstall it.
– Go to Device Manager> Right click on "High Definition Audio Devices"> right click then select Uninstall to delete the old driver.
2) Restart your PC / Laptop. After restarting,
then Windows will automatically reinstall the Sound driver.
Solution 2: Re-enable Sound Drivers
the first solution does not work, do the second solution below:
A) On your keyboard, press the Windows + R simultaneously to run the Run command. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click the button OK.
B) Search for Sound,
video and game controllers
If you do not see the category of Sound, video and game controllers ,
continue with steps B.2 below
below this. If
there is your choice of Sound, video and game controllers
can go directly to step C below
- Action > Add Legacy hardware
- Click Next to start start the Add Hardware wizard
- Select ] Search for and install hardware automatically (Recommended) .
- Search for Sound, video and game controllers . Then select Next .
- Select the type and model of the sound card
your card, then click Next (If you don't know what type and model to choose, you
can try Steps C )
C) Enable Sound, video and game
controllers on your audio device
in your sound driver model then click Enable
If all of the above methods do not work you can use the application "Driver Pack" which you can download for free.