As we have seen besides Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel is also one of the most widely used Microsoft Office software to process numbers, one of which is to calculate or record personal or company financial data.
Of course financial data must be confidential and not just anyone allowed to see it, one way to secure Excel files so they cannot be opened or edited by others is to use the password protection feature.
Now the question is, how do you unlock the password protected excel file? when trying to click on one cell on the protected sheet a warning message appears "The cell or chart you are trying to change is on protected sheet" .
How to Open a Locked Excel File
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet or spreadsheet processing software program that is distributed and developed by Microsoft companies. Microsoft Excel software can be run on Microsoft Windows operating systems and MacOS .
Microsoft Excel is also available for iOS and Android versions. The development of Microsoft Excel can not be separated from the history of Microsoft Windows. Here's how to open a locked or protected Excel file.
1. Open the excel file that you want to open and edit.
2. If your excel file is protected, a warning will appear with the words " The cell or chart you are trying to change is on protected sheet" . Then click Ok see the example in the picture.
3. Then press the ALT + F11 button on the keyboard.
4. Then Microsoft Visual Basic will appear, then you click on the menu Insert then select Module . See the example in the picture.
5. Then the module form will appear, in the form module enter the following code.
Sub InternalPasswords () Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer On Error Resume Next For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66 For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66 For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66 For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126 ActiveWorkbook.Unprotect Chr (i) & Chr (j) & Chr (k) & _ Chr (l) & Chr (m) & Chr (i1) & Chr (i2) & Chr (i3) _ & Chr (i4) & Chr (i5) & Chr (i6) & Chr (n) ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr (i) & Chr (j) & Chr (k) & _ Chr (l) & Chr (m) & Chr (i1) & Chr (i2) & Chr (i3) _ & Chr (i4) & Chr (i5) & Chr (i6) & Chr (n) If ActiveWorkbook.ProtectStructure = False Then If ActiveWorkbook.ProtectWindows = False Then If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then Exit Sub End If End If End If Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next End Sub
See the example in figure.
6. Kemudaian Select Sheet to open the protection, then click Green Segitga Icon then click Run . See the example in the picture.
Or you can also press the F5 key on the keyboard, and Run clin.
7. Then wait for the process to finish so that the code you have entered works properly.
How easy is it? To open the protect sheet on another sheet, do the same steps.
If the excel software that you open is Not Responding, select the Close button in the upper right corner in red if a dialog appears, select Close the program. This usually occurs in excel 2013 version up to the most recent version
These are the steps for opening an excel file that is locked or password protected. Hopefully this article is useful. Good luck and Thank you.