Like other operating systems, Windows also provided a security feature in the form of a login password on Windows Lock. This feature will limit access to your laptop so you can avoid data loss, damage, dissemination of personal information / data, and others. So, only you and certain people (people you trust) know only your password that can enter your Windows.
That way, the security of data on your laptop becomes safer and avoids misuse of not authorized. Especially if you often store important files / data on your laptop, then this security feature must be applied. Not only that, of course it would be very frustrating if outsiders fiddled / opened the contents of your laptop carelessly (without permission), right? So that's why, try to implement a login password on your Windows. There are 3 types of passwords that you can apply, namely with a normal password (consisting of letters, numbers and symbols), PINs and images.
Now, in this article I will explain how to lock a laptop in Windows 10 using a password consisting of letters, numbers, or symbols. For further explanation, let's take a look at how to lock the laptop below.
How to Lock a Laptop in Windows 10
Creating a login password on Windows is very easy and simple. Let's take a look at the steps to create a password login under Windows below.
1. Open the Settings menu . One way is through the search feature, type Settings and then select the Settings menu as indicated by the arrow in the image below.
2. In the Settings window, click the Accounts menu as shown by the arrow in the image below.
3. Then, in the Accounts window, click the Sign-in options option as indicated by the arrow in the image below.
4 After that, in the Sign-in options window, click the Add button in the Password section to create a new password (never been set ) as indicated by the arrow in the picture below.
5. Finally, enter your new password in New password then re-enter the password at Reenter password . You can also enter your password at Password hint to help you remember your password if you forget. Then, click the Next button .
6. Well, now your Windows already has login password . Then, click the Finish button as indicated by the arrow in the image below.
I myself also implemented a login password on my Windows and used ] Password hint which can help me if I forget the password. So a discussion about how to lock the laptop on Windows 10. Well, hopefully the discussion described above is useful and good luck. Thank you!