Error "There was a problem resetting your PC" usually appears when we reset Windows 10/8. As we all know, Resetting Windows 10/8 helps to eliminate various errors / bugs that occur on our Windows 10/8. Still in some cases, the error message "The problem of resetting your PC" caused us not to do the Windows10 / 8 reset process.
Some of the reasons for the problem of error "There was a problem with resetting
your PC " including:
- If your laptop / computer uses it
Windows 10 is pre-installed and is not an upgrade from the Windows 7 operating system
or Windows 8.1.
- PC / Laptop manufacturers have enabled compression to reduce
disk space needed for applications already installed.
- And other problems.
Keep in mind, the above conditions are only for reference
for you, other conditions can also cause problems "There was a problem resetting your PC" when resetting your PC to
Windows 10/8 computer.
Here's how to fix an error "There was a problem resetting your PC" when
You will reset Windows 10/8:
- First, press the Windows + I button simultaneously to open Windows Settings and then select Update & Security> Recovery .
- Now under the section Advanced start-up click the button Restart Now.
- In a new window, choose Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Command prompt option.  Next, select your administrator account and then enter the password (if you have set the previous word). After that, click  Next to continue.
- Now in the Command Prompt window, type the following command line and then press the Enter key after each command:
cd% windir% system32 config
ren system system.001
ren software software 001
- After you execute all commands, close the Command Prompt window. Now, you will be taken to
boot options page. Here, click on the  option to boot into your computer.
If the above method doesn't work then you need to
re-install your computer. Because it is very likely that source files recover
corrupt / damaged.