There are several ways to delete a file or folder on a Windows system (select a file or folder and click Delete or press Ctrl + D or Shift + Delete on your keyboard). If the file or folder is locked and blocked, it may prevent from being deleted. How to get rid of this hard-to-delete file on a Windows PC? No panic, we will make your work easier here.
- Use a reliable third-party tool
- Use the Command Prompt to delete files and folders
1. Delete file or folder using a third-party tool
There is an easy-to-use solution that can help get rid of files and folders when Windows does not allow you to delete them. It is called FileZero. Once downloaded and installed, you can simply add multiple files or folders to your program for smashing by simply clicking the Add button. You can also drag and drop files or folders to import items. Then select the Delete button to start the deletion.
With the FileZero method, you can erase data permanently and securely so that the rendering data recovery program is completely useless when “undeleting” files.
2. Delete file or folder using Command Prompt
This option is for those who have some experience with Microsoft Windows command prompts. Press the Windows + X，then hit C button on your keyboard to open the Command Prompt.
Then, use the following command with options in the prompt:
1) Delete the desired file
DEL /F /A
- /F stands for force delete
- /A selects only the files with ready for archiving attribute
Caution: If you use del to delete a file from your disk, you cannot retrieve it.
2) Delete the desired folder
RD /S /Q
- RD removes the folder from the directory.
- /S Removes all subfolders and files
- /Q Quiet – you will not be asked for the Y/N confirmation.
Here, the file path would be what the address bar on windows explorer is showing when you go to the folder that you want to delete. For example, RD /S /Q C:Usersisum007videoFolder X.
SO, WHATS YOUR METHOD?
The above methods are mostly for deleting hard-to-delete file and folder. If you venture out there are numerous solutions available. If you have some other methods do share with us through comments.
>> Source Link