The function of the operating system on a set of computers or laptops is very important. Each type of computer operating system has certain characteristics, with advantages and disadvantages. For Windows operating systems, it is equipped with a startup repair feature. Some When there are files that are wrong with Windows, Windows will automatically be on the startup repair menu. Startup repair is a feature that Windows provides to improve itself. If your laptop is in this mode, all you have to do is wait until Windows returns to normal. This process usually takes 10 to 20 minutes.
But not all startup repair processes can repair windows (although the function does fix windows). There are many failures during this startup repair process. After you wait very long, the startup repair process doesn't end soon, so it can be said that this process failed. Or maybe there is a message on your laptop "Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem" or "Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically". This means that there has indeed been a problem during the startup repair process.
Here's how to fix Startup Repair Failed:
a. Restart the computer
This is one of the easiest ways you can do. It could be that the startup repair occurs because of a momentary or accidental error. You can check it with how to restart the laptop with the keyboard, or it can be the following method:
- Press the old power button, until your laptop turns off.
- Leave it for a few moments. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Turn on your laptop again.
- If there are no problems, Windows will appear and return to normal.
b. Running the Last Known Good Configuration (LKGC)
- Restart your laptop, then enter the Advanced Option Menu. If you are a Windows 8 user, you should first read about the Startup Settings, and choose the repair option available.
- Choose the Last Known Good Configuration menu. Don't forget to read the information there.
- Your laptop will boot itself after you have LKGC. After success, the laptop will return to the state before it was troubled.
c. Through Sytem Restore
System Restore is a mainstay menu when the laptop cannot enter Windows. You can also use this to overcome a failed startup repair.
- If the repair startup fails and a message appears asking you to choose send or don't send, choose don; t send.
- There will be a new image that appears with three choices. Select view diagnostic and repair details. Then a diagnosis and repair history appears that has been carried out by Windows.
- Continue to scroll and check the state of your windows through the menu. If there are no problems, you can close again.
- We go back to step number 2. Now replace the second one, which is Advanced options for system recovery and support.
- The System Recovery Options menu will appear. But beforehand if there are some notices, click next, fill in the password, and click OK.
- In System Recovery options, click System Restore.
- Your laptop is now restoring Windows before startup repair occurs.
- The last step is Restar your laptop, then Windows will return to normal.
Those are Some Ways to Overcome Startup Repair Failed. After doing the above method but still not successful, you can make other choices when entering System Restore. You can also try running SFC if the startup repair still fails.