Need a quick and easy way to back up your Windows operating system and personal data? We will provide 2 quick and easy ways to fully back up the Windows operating system to an external hard drive. The first method is to use iSumsoft Cloner for full system backup in Windows 10. This saves you time and effort. Conversely, if you use the built-in system imaging tool to create a system backup of Windows 10, you need more patience. The second method is to back up your computer (system partition and other partition contents) without booting to Windows 10.
Why do I need to back up Windows 10 with iSumsoft Cloner?
is a file backup and disaster recovery software, which can be used to back up your system disk and partition files to other disks on your PC or to an
external hard drive. It allows you to quickly clone entire disks on Windows and WinPE bootable disks. With this software, you can clone, backup and restore your system partition quickly without booting into Windows in the event of a system crash, hardware failure, or virus attack.
You can take a 7-day trial of iSumsoft Cloner. Have a try to this effective way to protectyour Windows operating system and data from unexpected disasters.
2 Options to Backup Windows 10 Operating System
How to back up the Windows 10 OS with the Cloner
1. Run iSumsoft Cloner and select the “Backup” option in the left pane.
2. Select the partition you want to back up (e.g. the system partition or any other partition) and click the “Choose” button to select the destination where you want to store the backup file.
Note: It is
best to save the backup file to an external storage device. If not, there is a risk of destroying or destroying the backup file.
3. Click the “Start” button and then click “OK” to confirm this backup process.
The backup wizard can take from 10 minutes to several hours, depending on the amount of data you need to back up and the speed of your hard drive. When the “Mission completed” prompt appears, the backup is complete. It can be used to restore an entire system in the event of a software error or hardware failure.
How to backup Windows 10 to an external hard drive when the PC fails to boot
You need to download and install iSumsoft Cloner on a working computer. Click Make a Boot Disk to create a bootable disk, see the how to-do guide.
When finished, insert this bootable disk into the computer that needs to be backed up.
Restart the PC and press the required key to enter the BIOS. Change the boot order and then boot the computer from the bootable disk containing iSumsoft Cloner.
To backup Windows 10 OS to an external hard drive at boot, use these steps below:
- In the main window of the recovery environment, click the “Backup” option.
- Select the partition you want to back up. Note that the drive letter here is not exactly the same as the actual drive letter. You can determine which is the actual system drive by looking at the total storage size and free size.
- Select the connected external hard disk as the target disk to save the backup file.
- Click “Start” to continue.
>> Source Link