Have you ever heard the word Equation? Maybe for those of you who often struggle with Microsoft Word must be familiar with the word. Especially for those of you who often make the formula for math problems or for study material.
Equation is a button or button that has a function for giving and arranging the formulas with very easy ones. Usually people who often use this button are people who are involved in calculations such as mathematics, chemistry, engineering, physics, etc. that are always struggling with formulas.
Equation greatly facilitates people who often use formula in word. So, there is no need to type it manually, using equations You can write formulas automatically.
How to Activate Equation in Word
Sometimes the equation button in word does not appear or is inactive. However, there are also those that are automatically active without needing to be set up – rearrange them. If your equation button does not exist or does not appear, maybe you should follow the steps below to enable it. Following are the steps for activating the equation in Word.
1. First, please click on the triangular icon down on quick access which is at the top. As in the picture below.
2. Then, please click "More Commands" . As in the picture below.
3. Then, please select Quick Access Toolbar which is on the left side of the panel. As in the picture below.
4. Then, please click on the triangle icon in the popular commands, then select All Commands. As in the picture below.
all commands for how to activate equations in Word ” width=”670″ height=”670″/>
5. Then, please scroll down and select [Equation Options] and click Add to add it. As in the picture below.
6. Then, the Equation Option will appear on the right side of the panel, then click Ok . As in the picture below.
7. Then, the Equation icon will appear in Quick Access above. As in the picture below.
8. Finished. If you use the word 2013 the color in the equation icon is indeed gray. No need to worry.
For the Word Version the Equation Button Doesn't Work
However, sometimes there is another word version where the equation key doesn't work. If it doesn't work, don't be afraid, please follow the steps below.
1. Please click "Save As" to save your document. As in the picture below.
2. Then, please select Save as type "word document" then click "Save" [Save] . As in the picture below.
3. Then, a warning box will appear, please click just only.
4. Finished. Your Equation can be used
Besides adding Equation to quick access, you can also use equations through the insert menu. Because basically Equation is already in the insert menu. The method above is just a way to add equation to quick access so that access is fast. Here's how to use the equation through the insert menu, namely:
1. Please click on the insert menu at the top. As in the picture below.
2. Then, please pay attention to the far right section then you will see the Equation button there. Please click to use it.
equation ” width=”670″ height=”670″/>
However, it turns out that there is also an equation button that is gray alias cannot be used. If so, please follow the steps below.
1. Please click on the File menu in your left corner. As in the picture below.
2. Then, in the section, please click "Convert" .
3. Then, a confirmation pop-up will appear. Please click "Ok" .
4. Finished. Now your equation button is active or blue.
So this tutorial is about how to activate the equation in word. Hopefully this tutorial can be useful. Thank you 🙂