At the end of 2017, Jam City and Warner Bros. announced that a new Harry Potter mobile RPG game for Android and iOS devices would drop sometime in 2018. We got some further information on Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery in January, but now we have a release date and some exciting news about the voice cast.
First off, the game will hit the Google Play Store on April 25. You can pre-register to get the game right now by clicking here or the button at the bottom of this article. Pre-registering enables an Android notification to alert you when the game is ready to be installed.
No price information is known at this time, but almost every Jam City game is free-to-play, so it seems reasonable to assume that Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery will follow the same format.
The most exciting news we learned today though, via Polygon, is that some major Hollywood talent who appeared in the series of Harry Potter films will voice act in this new mobile game. The highlights of the voice cast are:
- Michael Gambon, who played Professor Dumbledore in the Harry Potter film series after original actor Richard Harris passed away.
- Dame Maggie Smith, the Academy Award-winning actress who played Professor McGonagall
- Warwick Davis, star of cult favorite Willow and one of the few actors to appear in almost every Star Wars movie, returns as Professor Flitwick
- Sally Mortemore returns as Irma Pince
- Gemma Jones will once again play Madam Pomfrey
- Zoe Wanamaker reprises her role as Madam Hooch.
If you’re wondering who’s playing the Golden Trio, you shouldn’t get your hopes up. Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery takes place before Harry, Ron, and Hermione start their first year at Hogwarts, so it is highly unlikely they will show. However, Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Hagrid could very likely talk about Harry Potter at some point in the game, as the three knew of Harry Potter’s muggle life well before he showed up to school.
With this game, Jam City is hoping to give gamers the closest feeling possible to attending Hogwarts. That will include getting sorted into a house using the Sorting Hat, learning spells, concocting potions, and most likely getting into a scandal that will involve saving the school from some sort of evil.
Let us know in the comments if you’re excited for this game and what kind of Easter Eggs you’re hoping to find!
>> Source Link