Microsot Excel is a spreadsheet type software application, which is part of Microsoft Office . This software application is used to process data automatically, in the form of basic calculations that use certain formulas and functions, processing data and tables and making graphics and data management.
One of the skills possessed by Microsoft Excel is sorting data or sorting data. Usually, this sorting is used for school academic needs such as creating a value list to find out who is ranked first, or making an attendance list arranged alphabetically. If you don't know how, it's easy. Consider the following explanation!
2 How to Sort Data in Microsoft Excel
The following is an explanation of how to input data in Excel. Previously, you had to have a Microsoft Excel application first, then select blank workbook .
Method # 1 Using the Sort Menu
1. First of all, you must make data on the worksheet.
2. Then you have to click on one of the titles you want to sort. Below are three titles, namely No, Name and Value. If you want to sort names, then click on the Name section . After that, click Dat tab a choose Sort .
3. Next, a dialog box will appear as below. Click the arrow in the sort by select Name tag then click OK . Pay attention to the picture below.
4. Now, you can see the name sorted alphabetically.
Method # 2 Using Ascending-Descending
1. You must block all existing values. Pay attention to the picture below. Now, in the data below I will sort the value from the largest to the smallest number.
- The function of AZ in the image numbered 1 is to sort the data from the smallest to the largest.
- The ZA function in the number numbered 2 is to sort data from the largest to the smallest.
2. Then, choose Sort .
3. Now, your value data has been sorted from the largest to the smallest. It can be seen that Christopher who holds the highest value.
How, easy isn't it? Now, you don't have to bother anymore in sorting data to list values or attendance lists. You just have to enter the data that you have in the Excel workbook, because Microsoft Excel already has a menu sort, to sort your data automatically. Hopefully useful and good luck trying the tutorial above!