Definition of Politics
Do you know what is meant by politics? The political term we often encounter in our daily lives. Understanding of politics itself is a process of formation and also the happiness of power that exists in society, which is a process of making a decision, such as in a country.
Understanding politics is also often interpreted as a science or art to be able to gain power, can be in a constitutional or non-constitutional manner. While the etymological understanding of politics is taken from Greek, namely Policy which means a city state. The use of the term is further developed, such as:
- Polities which means citizen
- Politikos which means citizenship
- Politike Episteme which means political science
- Politicia which has the meaning of state government
When viewed further from the original word, the political understanding is an activity that exists in a political or state system, and concerns the determination of the objectives of a system and how to reach the goal.
In order to better understand what is meant by politics, you can refer to political understanding according to some experts below. The following is a political understanding according to some experts:
Roger F. Soltau thinks that the notion of politics is a study of the State of 1945 the purpose of the State, and also the institutions within that State later it will carry out these objectives and the relationship between the State and its citizens or citizens as well as relations with other countries.
Sri Sumantri thinks that the notion of politics is an institution in human relations institutionalized in various political bodies, for example the political superstructure and also political infrastructure.
Kartini Kartolo assumed that the notion of politics is an activity of behavior or a process that uses power to be able to enforce regulations and also legitimate and valid decisions in people's lives.
Carl Schmidt thinks that the understanding of politics is the world in which there is more people who will make decisions in abstract institutions.
Joyce Mitchell considers that the notion of politics is a collective decision making or general policy making for a society as a whole.
6. According to Andrew Heywood
Andrew Heywood thinks that the notion of politics is an activity in a country that has the purpose of making, maintaining and amending all general regulations that can regulate its life, it means that it will not be separated from the symptoms of conflict and cooperation.  Political Function
The main functions of politics in a country are in general as follows:
- Political functions to formulate interests, this is a function that will compile and also express political demands on a country.
- Political functions to be able to make public policies, this is a function that aims to consider all alternate money policies proposed by several political parties and other parties, and also to be elected one which include as a policy in government.  Political function to be able to guide interests, this is a function that can integrate political demands from all parties in a country and will make it happen in all alternate policies.
- Political functions to be able to implement policies, this is a function that can implement all policies previously set by the money party have that authority.
- The political function of being able to oversee the implementation of policies, this is a function to harmonize the behavior of the public as well as public officials who can deviate and oppose government policies, using prevailing norms
- The political function of being able to communicate, this is a process which can convey information about politics from the public to the entire government and from the government to all its people.
- Political functions to be able to socialize, this is a process of forming attitudes and also the political orientation of community members.
- Political functions for recruitment, this is a process to be able to select people who will later be elected or appointed as officials in positions contained in a countries and political parties.
Political goals can actually be judged from the political understanding as explained above. But for more details the following are general political objectives  that you need to know:
- Political goals to be able to strive for the power that exists in society and government can also be obtained, managed and can be applied in accordance with legal norms that have been applied.
- Political goals to be able to strive for the power contained in the community and also the government can obtain, manage and implement a democratic system as a whole.
- Political goals to be able to seek applications and also political management in the community as well as government in accordance with the framework to be able to maintain the principles of the NKRI.
Examples of Politics in Indonesia
In politics there are actually several kinds of political systems. An example of a political system is like liberalism and democratic politics. Next Examples of politics in Indonesia which are viewed from various political systems:
1. Examples of Politics of Liberalism
Before knowing the example of the politics of liberalism, you must know in advance what is meant by the political system of liberalism. This political system strongly emphasizes the freedom and independence of each individual. This is in accordance with the meaning of liberalism which means free from persecution, rape, and also slavery.
Examples of the application of the politics of liberalism in Indonesia have actually been written in history, namely on 17 August 1950 – 5 July 1959. At that time, Indonesia has used a provisional law to become a constitution.
After the proclamation, social and political life was still dominated by the war against the colonialists from the Netherlands and Britain. Which at that time they wanted to try to colonize Indonesia again. This period was also marked by the instability of government in Indonesia.
And Indonesia began to adopt a system called the liberal democratic system in 1950 and implemented multi-party politics. Regulations from the government at that time were also accounted for by the council of ministers to parliament. This flow is a form of early adoption of ideology in liberalism within a political system in Indonesia.
2. Examples of Democratic Politics
The politics of democracy has been applied to all political systems in Indonesia in order to become the most important principle for all people and their representatives to be able to express their own aspirations in order to build a better government.
Examples of democratic politics, namely the holding of ELECTION (General Election), where the community has a very important role in determining and choosing its leaders.
Thus is the discussion of the understanding of politics and the most important components contained therein. Hopefully this article can be useful and can add to your insight.
Nesabamedia.com is an online media that presents interesting content about computer, internet, network, android, website and several other topics related to computer world.