Definition of Environment
In general, Definition of Environment is a condition around which influences the development and behavior of living things.
Everything around humans or living things that have an influence on their development either directly or indirectly are also notions of the environment.
In other terms, environment is a combination of physical forms or conditions which include conditions in natural resources, such as water, minerals , land, air, animals, and also plants that grow and develop on land or in the sea. The study of the environment is called ecology or environmental science, which is a branch of biology.
In addition to the above explanation of the understanding of the environment in general, there are also some experts who express their opinions on understanding environment. The following are some environmental insights according to some experts, namely:
1. Otto Soemarwoto
According to an expert named Otto Soemarwoto, the word environment is taken from the English language environment. Then, he said that the understanding of the environment is everything that belongs to every living thing or organism and has a great influence on its life.
For example, like a cat animal, everything that surrounds the cat and everything that has an influence on its survival it is called the environment. Likewise with plants and humans.
2. St Munajat Danusaputra
According to an expert named St Munajat Danusaputra, said that the environment is all things and conditions including humans and activities in it, which in it has space where humans are and who can have an influence on the continuity and welfare of life and other small bodies.
3. Darsono (1995)
According to an expert named Darsono, said that the notion of the environment is all things and conditions, which include human beings and all their activities, which are contained in space where there is a human being and has the influence of continuity and welfare life of humans and other living bodies.
4. Emil Salim
According to Emil Salim, argues that the environment is something, conditions, conditions, and influences that exist in a room that humans occupy and have an influence on a living thing including life such as humans and other living things.
Emil Salim, understanding the environment is very broad. If simplified again, environmental space is bounded by many factors that can be reached by humans, such as economic, political, natural and social factors.
Environmental benefits ” width=”600″ height=”288″/>
All things must have benefits, so do the environment around us. There are so many benefits that the environment has. Here are some environmental benefits for human life, namely:
- Environment as a home or place of residence or habitat.
- Environment as a place or means to continue human life and other living things.
- Environment as a political activity or activity social, culture, economy etc.
- Environment as a place to find and get food.
- Environment as a place to socialize and interact with others.
- Environment as a place to look for wealth or livelihood.
- Environment as a place or facility for education culture, etc.
- Lingkugan can provide and provide various important elements for life.  In addition to environmental benefits for human life, there are also environmental benefits for humans themselves. The following are some of the environmental benefits for humans, namely:
- Water as a human need for drinking, irrigating rice fields, bathing, electricity generation, etc.
- As a source of mining materials and mineral resources, for example silver, copper , gold, etc.
- Air as a human respiratory need, because no human can survive without the surrounding air.
- Land as a place to build various buildings and facilities and infrastructure for human life, for example such as making government buildings, residences, shops, etc.
- Plants and animals are needed by human bodies because they require animal and vegetable proteins. As well as animals and plants can be made a source of energy. For example, in certain areas still using cow or water buffalo to be used as towing plows in the fields, there are also using horses for horse riding facilities or used to attract delmans and so on.
- As producers of raw materials and raw materials for industry and others
Besides having benefits, the environment also has components in it. There are 2 components to the environment. The following are some environmental components, namely:
1. Abiotic Components
Abiotic components are anything that does not have a life, such as land, water, energy, air, sound, humidity, climate, light, etc.
2. Biotic Components
Biotic components are things that have life, such as humans, animals, plants, and micro-organisms such as viruses and bacteria, etc.
Biotic components based on nutritional or trophic aspects in ecosystems is divided into 2 types, namely:
1. Autotrophic component which is an organism that can provide its own food in the form of organic materials made from inorganic materials such as chlorophyll and sunlight. Autotrophic comes from the word "autos" which means its own, and "trophikos" which means providing food.
Thus, organisms that have chlorophyll are included in the autotroph group which is generally plants – plants. Because only plants that have chlorophyll and can provide their own food.
2. Heterotrophic component which is an organism that in its life always uses and uses organic material to become its food ingredients. Heterotroik comes from the word "hetero" which means different or different, and " trophikos" which means providing food.
Thus, heterotrophic components will get their food from autotrophic components . Then, a portion of the component members will decompose the organic material into organic matter. Examples of heterotrophic components are fungi, animals, etc.
Types of Environment
Besides having benefits and components, the environment also has its types. There are 2 types of environments. The following are the types of environment, namely:
1. Physical Environment
Physical or abiotic environment is all things and physical conditions that are around mausia or other living things, such as water, rocks – rocks, air, wind, humidity, climate elements, etc. 19659003] The physical environment has a fairly close relationship with living things that occupy it, for example, minerals in the soil will determine the fertility of the soil and the life of plants – plants that grow on it, meaning that the soil and minerals have a very close relationship with plants which grew on it.
2. Biotic Environment
The biotic environment is all living things that exist around either humans, animals, or plants. Every biotic element must interact with biotic and also with abiotic or physical environment.
Thus is our discussion this time regarding the notion of the environment, along with its benefits, components and types of environment. Hopefully you can better understand and understand clearly what the environment is, and the benefits, components and types of environment. Hopefully this article can be useful. Thank you 🙂
Nesabamedia.com is an online media that presents interesting content about computers, the internet, networks, android, websites and several other topics related to the computer world.