Definition of Religion
Understanding religion in general, namely a procedure that can regulate worship which will be carried out by humans towards God Almighty, and religion is a procedure that can regulate one's relationship with other people and someone with his environment who is also a part of God's creatures.
Many kinds of religions and beliefs also have many symbols, narratives and also history that is sacred and has a certain purpose, such as to be able to explain all kinds of meanings of life and also dpaat explains the origin of life in the universe.
Not only that, the understanding of religion can also be interpreted as a collection of rules that can direct humans in certain directions and also goals that are good and true.
To be able to better understand what is meant by and religion, you can refer to some of the opinions of the experts below:
Luckmann considers that the notion of religion is a capability of humans that aims to be able to lift nature from its biological through the formation of objective and powerful realms moral ties.
Hendro Puspito considers that the notion of religion is a system of values that can regulate the relationship between humans and the universe and is also very closely related to the existence of beliefs.
Parsons and Bellah assume that the understanding of religion is a level the highest and also the most common of a human culture.
4. H. Moenawar Chalil
H. Moenawar Chalil considers that the notion of religion is an involvement which is a behavior of humans that is directly related to supernatural powers which is a consequence of his recognition.
Sutan Takdir Alisyahbana is a system of behavior and also human relations which is a core between relations man with the secret of power and also the infinite keghaiban, and thus can give meaning to his life and also to the universe that also surrounds him.
Religion in this world not without certain functions. Here are some functions of the existence of religion in the world:
- Religion serves to be able to give a sense of togetherness which later will be owned and believed by several groups of humans.
- Religion serves to be able to give a worldview to everyone and also has an influence on a human culture.
- Religion serves to be able to give a role in a social role, this is because religion contains a line of ethical codes for everyone who adheres to it.
- Religion serves to be able to provide answers from all kinds of forms questions that cannot be answered by all human beings in this world.
- Religion functions to be able to provide something that can later be used as a source of guidance in life.
- Religion serves to be able to provide a determination of a claim about the correct principle or wrong.
- Religion functions to be able to m give something that can later be used as a guideline in forming a belief or can form some values in human life.
- Religion serves to be able to provide an identity to every human being, this is because it has become part of the function of a religion.  Religion serves to be able to provide something that can later be used as an element in the relationship between humans and God, relations between fellow living beings, and relationships between others in their lives.
- Religion serves to be able to provide something that can later be used as a guideline to be able to express a togetherness.
- Religion serves to be able to give an expression in the form of beauty and can be used as a guide in creation or entertainment.
- Religion serves to be able to provide something that can later be used as a guide in forming sua tu beliefs and can also form some values that exist in human life.
In a religion the purpose is useful to be used as an order in life or can be mentioned as rules. Religion also comes from God, where it can also guide every human being to become an intelligent person.
Not only that religion can also try to be able to find happiness in life to be better, both in the world and in the hereafter. It is also a provision that is contained in life at a later stage in the mortal realm.
Religion also has another goal, which is being able to provide a teaching to all followers so that later they can organize their lives in such a way as to be useful and also able to obtain happiness for the people and themselves.
The purpose of religion which is its continuation is that religion can be made an opening way for someone to be able to bring it together to the Creator, God Almighty when they die.
Thus is the discussion of the definition of religion along with its functions and objectives. Hopefully the explanation in the article above can broaden your insight about religion and can also be a reference to your assignment regarding the definition of religion along with its functions and objectives.
Nesabamedia.com is an online media that presents interesting content about computers, internet, networks, android, websites and several other topics related to the computer world.