Definition of EIA
EIA stands for Environmental Impact Analysis. AMDAL is a formal study process that is made to estimate the impact of planned project activities on the environment and aims to ensure the existence of environmental impact problems that need to be analyzed.
According to PP No. 27 of 1999 the definition of AMDAL is an analysis of the major and important impacts of making a decision so that a planned business or activity on the environment is needed for the decision-making process regarding the conduct of a business or activity.
Benefits and Objectives of AMDAL
Benefits of AMDAL
The following are some of the benefits of AMDAL, including the following:
Benefits of AMDAL for Government
- Can help planning processes aimed at preventing damage and pollution that occurs in an environment.
- Can help create a government that is consistent in managing the environment
Benefits of AMDAL as Business Executors
- Can be used as a good facility to assist the interaction of the surrounding community, as a concrete example of compliance with the law.  Benefits of EIA for the Community:
- Community bi I take the role in carrying out the activities and can organize these activities through the AMDAL.
- Can explain directly to the surrounding community about the impact of activities to be carried out.
Purpose of AMDAL
The purpose of this AMDAL is to protect the environment from possible and the impact of a particular business or activity program.
AMDAL is urgently needed because feasibility studies are in law or government regulations, to protect the environment from an industrial activity project operation or activity that can cause damage in an environment .
The purpose of this AMDAL is a safeguard in the plan of a business or activity, so as not to cause a negative impact on the environment.
So that an analysis is made, the damage in an environment can be resolved properly. That was the reason why the AMDAL was made in law or  government regulations .
Example of AMDAL
There are many cases or problems of AMDAL in Indonesia, for example case of landfill in Bantar Gebang, Bekasi . Which if compiled will be like:
Background of the Problem
- What is the impact of the garbage in the Bantar Gebang landfill for the surrounding community?
- What is the management system and government policy to overcome the garbage problem in the Bantar Gebang and its surroundings?
Data and Facts Existing in the Field
The facts prove that the people in the area around the landfill were attacked by many diseases. Such as ARI, myalgia, gastritis, infections, anemia, asthma, skin allergies, hypertension, rheumatism, and many more. This indicates that the Bantar Gebang landfill made a bad impact on the community and the surrounding environment.
According to available data, domestic waste sourced from households amounted to approximately 2,915,263,800/ton .
According to the data on the amount of waste in the Bantar Gebang TPA has exceeded the maximum limit. Thus giving rise to various diseases for the environment around it, and it must be addressed immediately. Because the amount of waste collected will be very dangerous for human life.
There are many factors that cause the amount of waste to increase every year. For example, due to poor operational activities, it causes pollution of water bodies around the landfill. As well as groundwater caused by waste, and fires caused by methane gas.
To overcome or correct the problem of waste in the Bantar Gebang landfill, the sanitation department takes the following steps:
- Adding facilities or facilities to the units in waste treatment and increasing waste processing efficiency.
- Increasing and improving waste management in accordance with existing regulations, namely sanitary landfills.
- Helping people living near landfills, by preparing clean water, health centers, and ambulances.
- Curbing the scavengers who were in the landfill so as not to disturb the operational activities of the officers.
1. What is the impact of waste in the community?
The amount of garbage that has accumulated and the condition of the landfill is bad will cause various diseases to arise in the community around the landfill. And the location of the landfill will damage the ecology and the surrounding environment and the dangers of soil pollution.
Soils that used to be clean will mix with waste or waste there. So the level of soil pollution will occur in a long time.
2. What policies are given by the government and what is the waste management system?
There are a lot of factors that cause waste handling to be bad and have a negative impact on the environment. For example, internal factors, including human resources that are less qualified in dealing with waste in the landfill. Another factor is external factors, namely the lack of land for landfill in large cities.
Making the amount of waste entering is not equivalent to existing landfill. Another external reason is the people who refuse the existence of TPA located not far from their settlements. While the policies that have been given by the government to handle waste in the Bantar Gebang landfill are:
- Determine the person who will handle the landfill and tell them how to properly manage waste.
- Implement some appropriate procedures in management , and what technologies will be used so that the results are in accordance with the existing procedures.
- The technology to be used will be adjusted to the existing budget.
- TPA which is located not far from residents' residence, this will make a negative impact on the health of the people who live there.
- The management system used is very long so it does not get maximum results. Therefore, the government must establish new policies both internally and externally. Internal factor is the initiative of the surrounding community how useful it is to maintain environmental cleanliness. While external factors are the lack of landfill in an area, and the lack of regulations from the government regarding waste.
Nesabamedia.com is an online media that presents interesting content about computers, the internet, networks, android, website and several other topics related to the computer world.