In this era of digitalization, the internet has become a fundamental need for some people to perform activities in their daily life. For example, to communicate with other people to make buying and selling transactions can now be done using the internet.
In Indonesia itself, people's lifestyles continue to experience a very drastic change with the internet. In fact, the traditional Indonesian culture has become more modernized. For example, now many people are happy to make transactions online. It becomes one of the causes of the shift of traditional culture, where the terms of conducting transactions should be buyers and sellers meet directly, with the internet these terms need not be done only need agreement between both parties only.
Plus more now many emerging applications for (19459007) Tokopedia and many more.
 The number of changes that occur due to the flow of digitalization is not a guarantee of increasing knowledge of Indonesian society. Until now, there are still many people who do not know how to calculate their internet quota. Well, Do you know what is the internet quota?
Internet quota is the limit or limit amount in the use of internet access. The units used to calculate Internet quotas are the same as units in terms of computation, ie Byte and Bit (binary digits). Usually to add internet connectivity, you do it in internet service provider. The first thing they ask is "How many select Giga?" That's a simple question, but there are still many people who are confused to answer it. There are also people who directly answer "1 GB, 2 GB or 5 GB". And in the minds of your mind the question arises, " Actually 1 GB how many MB does? And if 1 GB is how many KB? "
For that, in this article you will be given an explanation of the internet quota you used. That way, you are not easily fooled by fraudulent internet service providers. Come, see how to calculate it below.
Actually, 1 GB How Much MB?
The term GB stands for Gigabyte. To change the size of Gigabyte to Megabyte there are two ways. Depending on you want to convert it into decimal or binary form. The difference between the two, namely:
- The decimal number is a common number we use which consists of numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
- Binary numbers are consists of the numbers 0 and 1. However, usually most providers use binary numbers, because the corresponding number recognized by the computer is binary. Here's how to change from Gigabytes to Megabytes.
1 GB = 1,024 MB (Binary) = 1,000 MB (Decimal)
You can also see the comparison through the table below
If 1 GB = 1024 MB, then 1 GB How many KB?
When you have used some of the internet quota on your mobile phone, your quota number will automatically decrease. It could be that there was initially 10 GB to stay 100 KB. So, is it KB?
- 1 GB = 1,024 Kilobytes (Binary) = 1,000 Kilobytes (Decimal)
- 1 GB = 1,024 MB (Binary) = 1,024 MB * 1,024 Bytes = 1,048,576 Kilobyte (Biner)  1 GB = 1,000 MB (Decimal) = 1,000 MB * 1,000 Bytes = 1,000,000 Kilobytes (Decimal)
Consider further explanation using the table below.
From the above explanation, are you able to understand the calculation of internet data that you have used? Consider the example below to help you better understand it.
On your smartphone it says "Your Internet Quota: 2,150 MB". So how many GB quota do you have?
The answer is:
If 1 GB = 1,024 MB, then the rest of your quota is 2,150 MB = 2,150: 1,024 = 2.09 GB
What Are the Benefits You Earn?
When you know the calculation, there are several benefits that you will get, including:
- You can control the quota in app usage. In general, the application does not directly spend data of 1 GB, but from the smallest size first, ie Byte, Kilobyte, and Megabyte
- You can also control the application. Now, almost all gadget devices are equipped with features that can control data limits that you allow to use every app.
Such is the discussion of the units used in Internet quota. You should now know 1 GB of how many MB and 1 GB are KB. Thus, the conclusion of this discussion is that 1 GB = 1,024 MB = 1,048,576 KB . In addition, the above discussion can help you more wisely in utilizing your internet quota.