Heart disease and stroke are still recorded as 2 diseases that cause many lives. The news about celebrity friends and even athletes who have heart attacks and strokes are often heard. It's a warning of heart attacks and strokes can happen to anyone not to mention the family and people close to us. If that happens what is your action? Do not be silent for too long and let the heart attack sufferers lie. Moreover, treatment will work well if help begins as early as possible. Follow these guidelines.
1.6 Hours of Determination
The most common heart attack is the result of narrowed blood vessels or Arteriosclerosis.In the event of blood supply to the heart is much reduced so that the heart muscle does not get enough Oxygen Patients feel pain eventually the heart muscle will die.Another heart disorder is Angina and heart failure.The way is almost the same as a heart attack and equally can cause the heart to stop functioning.When a person has a heart attack that must be immediately taken to health agencies. At least 6 hours after the work in Serangan. Another emergency condition is a stroke or a brain stroke. This occurs due to blockage or rupture of blood vessels in the brain so that blood flow to certain parts of the brain is disrupted. The symptoms and signs in the sufferer vary greatly depending on the extent and area of the brain affected by the disorder. Both mild and severe symptoms can be life-threatening.
2. Recognizing the signs / symptoms of a heart attack
Symptoms The following is characteristic of heart attack patients but can also appear in other heart disorders.
- Chest feels painful or severe. Pain spreads to the left arm of the jaw and back of the neck
- Pain Starts suddenly but then develops for a few minutes.
- The patient holds his chest slightly bent.
- Not responding or unconscious stopping breathing and the pulse is not palpable .
- Having respiratory problems. In patients with heart failure usually appear as shortness of breath after physical activity.
- Pulse is not normal or fast Weak or irregular
- Heart beat or palpitations
- Back blood vessels widened both in the neck and upper body .
- Swelling at the ankle.
- Nausea in the stomach of vomiting tastes good in the stomach.
- The head feels light.
- The weakness appears suddenly.
3. Must Know the Difference Heart Disease with stroke
In the most recognizable early phase heart attack is the presence of pain in the left chest. While the stroke is a sign of numbness and can not move the limbs. Sometimes the heart attack pain even spread to the hands and back and out cold sweat. However, this difference in symptoms will be difficult to see when the patient has reached the stage of unconsciousness.
Signs that usually appear in stroke:
- Headache may be the first symptom or the only symptom.
- Loss of consciousness sense of tingling numbness or paralysis of the face or and the motion tool.
- Likes to speak but not clear or rambunctious. His eyesight is blurred Pupil's sword is not the same right and left.
- Loss of urinary tract control and disposal.
- Pale bluish-gray skin
- Cold sweating excessive
4. first aid
Both heart and stroke relatives are almost the same.
- Calm the sufferer and yourself do not panic.
- Do not leave the sufferer alone as much as possible to be accompanied.
- Ask the patient to rest stop the activity and lie in position half-sitting
- Make sure the patient's airway is well open. Provide oxygen supply using oxygen cylinders when present. Loosen all binding clothing on the patient's body.
- Do not feed or drink
- If the patient is unconscious immediately give heart or CPR resuscitation. This action is in the form of artificial breathing and external heart massage.
- That patient To the nearest health institution
Incorrect mode of resuscitation. though not fatal. will not be optimal results
5. the importance of training
In patients with heart attacks while waiting for medical assistance can be given two tablets of aspirin. But for the type of nitrate tablets given under the tongue should be a doctor. If the condition of the patient unconscious check the breath and heartbeat in the neck. If the breath stops but the heart still beats artificial respiration
And if the heart stops Beat Give outer heart massage. But for this massage needs knowledge and practice to be able to do exactly. Therefore you need to attend special training. Currently many institutions provide training in the provision of assistance in accidents or first aid. In this training each participant gets basic knowledge about condition of daily condition and handling. A helper should have a certificate of training. But great knowledge can also be studied alone. Clearly the helper must have courage. If in doubt you should not have to do it yourself. Simply secure the patient and check the situation then Immediately seek help
6. heart-pulmonary resuscitation
Before performing this resuscitation assess the danger. Make sure the circumstances are safe for the patient. Then pat the patient's shoulder and ask aloud to see his response. Then call the police or emergency room for help. If the patient is not responding Immediately do the next step. That is to see whether the patient is still breathing or not. The way to close the flat and ears in front of the nose and mouth of the patient while seeing the movement of his chest. Then check the patient by feeling the pulse in the curve between Adam's apple and neck muscles using a finger for 5 to 10 seconds. Basic guidelines:
A. Opening the airway (airways control)
After the patient is lying on his back lift the chin and the pressure of this suffering can be done if there is no trauma to the head of the neck or spine. Another way to push the lower jaw up. This movement will push the tongue up so that the airway is open. Keep the patient's mouth open. After that check his mouth Is there an object that inhibits the airway like food or dentures are released. If there is to remove with fingers. Be careful not to push the object into the throat.
B. Artificial respiratory support (19659039)
The oxygen content is about 21% of the amount of air component. While the human respiration process only utilizes 5% of oxygen in the air. This means that there is 16% oxygen in the air we remove and we can breathe into the lungs of heart attack patients. How to massage the second nose of the patient stick your mouth with the mouth of the patient Boss Why every 5 seconds.
C. Circulatory support
More commonly known as external cardiac massage known as PCL. The steps are as follows:
1 lay the patient on his back on a hard bed not on the mattress
2 free the clothes of the patient
3 position yourself in the side of the patient with both knees open (19659039] 4 Determine the arched encounter Ida how to measure two fingers upward on the midline of the breastbone.
Put one of the cushions here. The other hand presses on top of it. The shoulders and elbows stay straight for PCL 15 times with a massage deal of 80 to 100 times per minute.
5 Give artificial breath twice strongly but gently one puff of 1.5 to 2 seconds
6 Continue up to 4 cycles of 15 massage times and 2 respiratory aids
7 check the pulse in the neck of the patient if the pulse is pulsed but no respiratory breathing continues breathing aid
So a review of the 6 First Aid Steps In Heart Attack Hopefully this information can help you: D