As we know that almost anyone if you want to see a video, the first site they visit is youtube. Youtube is the # 1 video sharing site most commonly accessed by users internet . On youtube, you can find various types of videos, there are video tutorials, movie trailers, video clips and so on.
Most internet users prefer to download youtube videos first then they watch using the video player contained on their laptop or mobile phone. Downloading this video is different from saving the video for offline viewing (the Save button on youtube app on android phone). Because the offline download feature can only be run through youtube apps, and of course some people are not comfortable if you have to watch it through youtube application.
In this tutorial, I will explain how to download youtube video without any software you can practice on PC or mobile phone. Remember yes, here we will download and save the video on our drive instead of watching it offline as offered by the youtube feature on mobile users.
How To Download Youtube Videos Without Software
Here I will explain four ways you can use to download videos without having to install software first. Consider the following steps:
1. Adding 'ss' to video url
This second way is often used by most internet users. For how to download youtube video with this method, we simply add 'ss' to youtube video url that we want to download. Check out the complete way as follows:
1. Open the youtube video you want to download.
2. Watch the video url and add ss in the video url. Suppose the video url looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiHk1j9cVps . If added ss will be like https: // www. ss youtube.com/watch?v=qiHk1j9cVps . Then press Enter .
3. You will be redirected to the download page. After that, click the format / resolution of the video you want. Next Video will be downloaded and select Save File / Start Download to save the video.
2. Adding 'dl' to the video url
There is also another way similar to the second way by adding 'dl' to the video url. This method is very similar to the second way but rarely internet users use this way, they are more familiar with the word "ss" than "dl".
1. Open the youtube video you want to download.
2. Pay attention to the url of the video. Let's say the video url is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67f1Kzv6zI . We simply add dl to the video url so it becomes https: // www. dl youtube.com/watch?v=h67f1Kzv6zI . After that, press Enter .
3. Wait for a moment. You will be directed to the video download page. There are several choices of video formats that you can choose ie MP4 (720p), MP4 (360p), 3GP (240p) or 3GP (144p). Do not select MP3 yes, you must know that MP3 is an audio / music format. Click Download wait a moment and video will be downloaded automatically
3. Using the add-ons / extensions
One of the ways you can download youtube videos without software is to use add-ons or extensions in your browser . The add-ons I often use are Easy Youtube Video Downloader .
This extension is simple, practical and has many resolution options, ranging from 144p, 360p, 720p to 1080p. All I know is that this extension is only available in Mozilla and Opera, and for Google Chrome does not provide it (Google policy prohibits the extension used to download videos from youtube).
For example, I want to add the extension Easy Youtube Video Downloader in my Mozilla browser. Tutorial how to add it you can see below:
1. Open following link to download extension Easy Youtube Video Downloader . Next select Add to Firefox .
2. If you get a notification like this, select Add .
3. Once the extension has been successfully installed, open the youtube video you want to download. Scroll down a bit (under the video title), click the Download As button then select the video format you want. Video will be downloaded automatically
4. Using the online video downloader site service
The last way is to use the online video downloader service site. You need to know, the second way up to the fourth way is actually also using the online video downloader site service (although different sites).
There are so many video downloader services that can be used, for example is PickVideo. PickVideo is an online video downloader site that is not only used to download youtube videos, but also can be used for download videos from facebook .
1. Open the youtube video you want to download then copy the video url.
2. Open PickVideo then paste the video url as you can see in the picture below. After that, click the download button as indicated arrow
3. A few moments later you will be directed to the download page as shown below. Make sure you are on the label Download Video with Sound so that the video you downloaded was there audio / voice. There are several resolution options that you can choose, namely 720p, 360p up to 144p (the bigger the better the video quality). After that click link Download
That's some how to download youtube video without software that you can try now. For PC / laptop users, all of the above can be used. As for android phone users, the third way I think is less suitable for use. So I suggest for android users to use all the above (except the third way).