For those of you who are always dealing with papers, college assignments, writing content or so on, surely you must often use PDF file formats?
The PDF file format is currently one format that is widely used by people from various walks of life and professions . With its simple and easy-to-read interface, of course it is an attraction.
It is not difficult to simply reduce the size of the PDF . You can do this in various ways, from the online way to the offline way. But this time I will only discuss how to compress PDF files offline by using additional software.
There are many tools or software that you can use to reduce pdf size, such as Adobe Acrobar Pro, PDF Reducer, Free PDF Compuser, or software- other software.
How to Compress PDF Offline (For Beginners)
We often find files in PDF format in daily activities. Starting from when doing school work, office work, even looking for work.
But the size or memory usage of a PDF file is greater when compared to other document formats such as Word, Excel, etc. The following is a list of the best free applications for compressing PDF files offline.
1. Microsoft Word 2013
The first way to compress PDFs offline is to use an application on your computer / laptop. This method is very effective for those of us who often use computers / laptops without internet connection namely by using Ms Word 2013.
For those of you who have Office 2013 applications and above then you can use MS Word 2013 for compress PDF
1. First open Microsoft Word on your computer.
2. Then click the menu File then select Search and open the PDF file that you want to compress
3. Then the PDF file will automatically turn into a word file, if there is a pop up warning just click OK .
4. Then after the PDF file is opened Save as the file.
5. Then select Minimum size (publishing online) on the Optimize for option. Then click Save to save it.
2. Free PDF Compressor
Free PDF Compressor is another free application to compress PDF files, with a simple interface. This application can only compress 1 PDF file at a time.
1. First if you do not have the application Free PDF Compesor you can download it here .
2. If so, you can open the Free PDF Compressor application.
3. Then browse the PDF file that you want to compress. See the example in the picture.
4. Then click on Compress to compress the PDF file. See the example in the picture.
5. Then wait a while until the compress process is complete.
3. Adobe Acrobat Pro
Adobe Acrobat Pro is an application launched by Adobe that already has millions of users using it. And it turns out this application can also be used to compress PDF files.
1. First, open or run Adobe Acrobat on your computer
2. Then open the PDF file that you want to compress, by clicking on the menu File . See the example in the picture.
3. Then select Open and find the PDF file you want to compress. See the example in the picture.
4. Then after the PDF file is open, save as the PDF file. By clicking the File menu, then clicking Save as other then selecting Reduced Size . See the example in the picture.
5. Then a pop up window will appear, in the choice Make compatible with select Retain existing then click OK.
4. Passport PDF Reducer PDF
1. First, if you haven't released this software, you can download here .
2. If you already have this software, run or open the PassportPDF Reducer PDF application on your computer.
3. Then find the PDF file, by clicking on Source and specify the compressed file in the column Destination . See the example in the picture.
4. Then click Start to begin the compress file process. See the example in the picture.
5. Then wait a while until the file compression process is complete.
6. If the file has been successfully compressed, a pop up will appear saying successful. See the example in the picture.
Now those are a few applications that you can use to compress PDF files offline and their methods. You can use one of the applications above, which you think is more xylophone to do.
That's all the article about how to compress PDF offline, hopefully this article can be useful and can help your confusion in the problem of how to compress PDF offline.