Most people often turn off the computer through the menu Start -> Shutdown . However, there are alternative ways that can be used to turn off the computer by using cmd. What is cmd?
CMD (Command Prompt) is a Windows program that can be used to perform commands to a computer using a syntax . There is already a special syntax provided so that we can work on an activity on CMD.
The point is that you enter a command in the form of syntax into cmd, then cmd will continue to the windows system . Then the windows system will process the command that was given earlier. If you speak theory without practice, you must be confused. However, if you apply it directly it's quite easy. See the explanation on how to turn off the computer with CMD below.
3 Ways to Turn Off Your Computer with CMD
Before you want to turn off the computer via CMD, you must first open CMD (Command Prompt) on your computer. Following are the steps to open cmd on your computer.
1. Type cmd in the search menu. Later, it will exit Command Prompt in the search then press Enter .
or other methods you can use ] Windows + R on the keyboard to display an easier search engine.
Then the search engine will appear as shown below. Type again cmd then click OK .
 Type cmd again ” width=”670″ height=”289″ />
After the cmd screen opens, there are three ways you can turn off the computer through cmd. Check out the following explanation!
How to # 1 Turn off the Computer quickly
1. Type shutdown -s on your cmd. The -s command is used to shutdown the computer.
2. Press Enter on your keyboard. Then a dialog box will appear as below. Your computer will die in less than 1 minute. Click Close .
Method # 2 Observing the Computer Using Time
1. Type shutdown -s -t 60 on your cmd. Here the function -t is used to set the time in seconds to turn off the computer. Here I will turn off the computer in 1 minute (60 seconds), which is why I made -t 60 because it uses a second unit.
2. Press Enter on your keyboard. Then a dialog box will appear as below. Your computer will die within 1 minute. Click Close and wait for your computer to completely die.
How # 3 Turns Off the Computer Using a Message
1. Type shutdown -s -t 60 -c "Fill in your message here". The -c function is used to display messages before your computer turns off. Don't forget to include quotes or "…" to put the message.
2. Press Enter on your keyboard. Then a dialog box will appear as shown below. Before the computer turns off, a message will appear. Click Close . Wait until your laptop is within 1 minute, because before you set the time to 60 seconds.
You can also cancel the shutdown command before the computer completely dies using cmd again. How? See the next explanation!
1. Type shutdown -a on your cmd. The -a function here is to cancel the shutdown command that you have previously scheduled.
2. Press Enter on your keyboard. Then a dialog box will appear in the lower right corner of your computer screen. Pay attention to the picture below. With that, the shutdown command has been officially canceled.
Such is the information on how to turn off the computer with the CMD described above. This method applies to all laptop brands and Windows operating systems. How, easy, right? Hopefully useful and can be easily applied to your computer. Thank you and good luck tutorial on how to turn off the computer with CMD above!