Do you like watching videos? Or the benefits of Youtube for you is as a medium of entertainment and information? However, you often have problems with internet connections that are less capable to watch videos? Or, your internet quota is not enough to quench your thirst for your favorite videos on Youtube? Relax, now Google has launched the YouTube Go application, which is a "data friendly" video streaming application. Why does that mean "data friendly"?
So, this application is intended for people who live in areas that do not have good internet speed. This application is actually the same as the usual YouTube application that currently exists, which has the main function for streaming video. It's just that, the difference in YouTube Go is that there are various features to save internet data.
One feature that YouTube Go has is a video preview feature in the form of a slideshow like a presentation file. With this feature, users can get an overview of the videos to watch. Another feature of YouTube Go is that users can download existing videos via YouTube Go. This feature makes users only use internet data to stream video just once.
Interestingly, the user can see the file size of the video to be downloaded. If users want to save internet quota, users can download videos that have the smallest file size. Of course, there are consequences to be accepted, namely the smallest file size video has a low resolution.
In addition, before starting to download videos, the YouTube Go application will notify users about the storage capacity that is still available on their Android devices. In this application there is also a feature to send videos that have been downloaded to other smartphones using Bluetooth technology.
Of all the features that YouTube Go has, surely you are more interested in features to download videos right? Therefore, on this occasion, we will provide information about how to download YouTube Go, starting from how to download the application to download the video. Okay, let's look at the info together.
1. How to Download the YouTube Go Application
The YouTube Go application is not randomly available in all countries. Only two countries have the opportunity to enjoy the superior features of this one application, namely India and Indonesia. Now, because the application already exists in our country, here we say the steps to download it through the Google Play Store:
- From the initial view of your Android, open the application list
- Select Google Play Store
- In the search box, type "Youtube Go" (without the quotes) then press Enter
- Select "Youtube Go" in the search results
- Touch the "Install" button on the application detail page.
- Wait for the download and installation process to complete
- Voila , now you have the YouTube Go application on your Android device.
Before starting the steps above, make sure you have done how to activate the Play Store on your Android device. This can be listened to on our site.
2. How to Download Videos on Youtube Go
With the YouTube Go application, you can download videos to watch offline. Then, what are the steps? Come see below:
- Open the YouTube Go application on your Android device
- Touch the video you want to download on the Home tab or on the search results page.
- Touch the video thumbnail image.
- Select the quality of the video you want downloaded, then select "Download". Standard quality will usually be selected by default. Therefore, you must first choose the quality of the video to be downloaded.
- The download process will begin. Wait until it's finished.
- Next, the Download button below the video will turn blue when the download is complete.
Oh yeah, if the internet connection you use suddenly breaks when downloading videos, the download process will resume automatically when you connect back to the internet. But if your internet connection is interrupted even though the network conditions are good, maybe you should check your quota. One of them with is how to check AXIS quota [AXIS] for AXIS users, or for other providers to adjust.
For information, videos that have been downloaded on YouTube Go can be played offline for up to 29 days. After that, you must reconnect your Android device to the cellular network or Wi-Fi every 29 days after the video has been downloaded.
YouTube Go will use the minimum data to check changes to the video or availability for download. If the downloaded video is no longer available for offline playback, then the video will be deleted from the Android device in the next sync.
Oh yeah, to log in to your Google account, here's how:
- Open the Menu (three-point icon) on the top of the application page.
- Select "Settings".
- In the "Profile" section, you will see a Google account that has logged in to the application.
can be displayed in the Photos or Gallery application on your Android device. This is because the videos downloaded from Youtube Go have been encrypted so that they can be played only on the YouTube Go application. Therefore, your downloaded videos can only be watched with the YouTube Go application.
3. Download videos on YouTube Go to SD Card
You can also download videos from YouTube Go to a micro SD card on your Android device. Well, to make sure the video you downloaded is already stored on the micro SD card, of course you have to install a micro SD card on your Android device. However, you must first use the micro SD card first on the YouTube Go application. If you don't, the downloaded video will be stored in the internal memory of your Android device. Here's how to activate it:
- Open the Menu (three-point icon) at the top of the YouTube Go application.
- Touch "Settings".
- In the "Video Storage," select SD Card.
- Select to save video to SD card memory.
Oh yeah, as a note, if you unplug the micro SD card and install it on another Android device, the YouTube Go video stored on the micro SD card will not play. Don't forget, make sure the micro SD card you use to download videos has enough free space. One more, after using a micro SD card, you cannot play videos stored in other storage locations. If your micro SD card is not detected, the card might be damaged. Read how to repair a damaged memory card on this site.
Okay, now we will show you how to download YouTube Go videos to be stored on a micro SD card. Here are the steps:
- Open the YouTube Go application on your Android device.
- Open the video you want to download to the micro SD card.
- Touch video 1 time.
- Select the desired video quality, which is quality basic or standard.
- Touch "Download."
- You can see the video download process on the Home screen or in the Download tab. Next, the downloaded video will be saved on the micro SD card. To move downloaded videos from the Android device's internal memory to a micro SD card, you can follow the steps below:
- First delete the downloaded videos from the internal memory of your Android device.
- Change the location of the video storage to the SD card .
- Download the deleted video again.
All the information we can provide about how to download YouTube Go. Hopefully this information can be useful for you.