Twitter is one of the most popular social media for internet users. Most active social media users have a twitter account. Based on a survey by DreamGrow in August 2018 Twitter was ranked 6th as the most popular social media. Through Twitter, you can make friends and communicate with other people around the world, share and get information promotions, and others.
Well, if you no longer want to use your twitter account for several reasons certain then you can delete or deactivate the twitter account. If your twitter account is deactivated then the display name, username and public profile, will no longer be seen on twitter.com, twitter for iOS, and twitter for Android.
Is disabling twitter permanent? You need to know, for a period of 30 days after the twitter account is disabled, you can still reactivate it. However, if it passes from 30 days, your twitter account is permanently deleted. So, it's up to you whether you want to deactivate your twiiter account permanently, temporarily or not deactivate it even though it won't be used again for a long time. How do I deactivate a twitter account? Let's look at the explanation below.
How to Deactivate Twitter
In this article, I will explain two ways to deactivate a twitter account through websites and applications on Android. For further explanation, let's refer to the explanation below.
Disabling Twitter Account Via Android Application
In this tutorial, you must first install the twitter application on Android through Google Play or Play Store. After that, follow the steps to deactivate the twitter account via the application below.
1. Open your twitter application, then log in to your twitter account.
2. On the main page, tap menu icon as indicated by the arrow in the image below.
3. Then, tap the menu Settings and privacy .
4. Next, in Settings and privacy tap the Account option.
5. On the Account page scroll down the screen until you find the option Disable your account . Tap the option Disable your account.
6. Then, tap the button Disable as indicated by the arrow in the image below.
7. To continue disabling your twitter account, enter a password to confirm. Then, tap the button Disable .
8. After that a pop-up will appear inactive account confirmation as shown below. Tap the option YES, OFF .
9. Now, your twitter account has been successfully deactivated.
Deactivate Twitter Account Via Website
In addition, deactivating a twitter account via an application on Android, you can also deactivate Your twitter account via the website twitter.com . how do? Following are the steps for deactivating a twitter account via the website.
1. Open twitter website and log in to your twitter account.
2. On the main page, click profile icon as indicated by label 1 in the image below. Then, click on the menu Settings and privacy as indicated by label 2 in the figure below.
3. In the Settings window, click the option Account .
4. Well, in the window Account scroll down the screen until you find the Deactivate your account . Click the button as indicated by the arrow in the image below.
5. Next, click the Deactivate .
6. To continue disabling your twitter account, enter a password to confirm. Then, click the Deactivate account .
7. Now, your Twitter account has been successfully deactivated.
How to disable a twitter account is very easy and simple, right? There are so many discussions about how to deactivate a twitter account through websites and applications on Android. Well, hopefully the discussion above is useful and good luck. Thank you!