As a computer user, I'm sure most of you must often use the various applications that are in it. One of the most frequently used is probably one of Microsoft's default suite of software namely Microsoft Office. Contains some office applications, this software is arguably one of the must-have software for every computer user, especially those using computers containing Microsoft Windows operating system.
One of the most widely used Microsoft Office applications is Microsoft Word. Not only for office workers, this application is also widely used by many parties, such as students, students, and so forth. This is not surprising, considering the functionality and features of Microsoft Word is so vast. But even so there are things that are sometimes missed. Like some small features such as word search or replacement of words or phrases in documents you create in Microsoft Word.
You may be able to search for a word in a document manually, by searching for words per word. But it would be a hassle if your document contains hundreds of pages. That's why in this article we will give you tips on how to find and replace words or phrases in Microsoft Word.
How to Find Words or Sentences in Microsoft Word
1. First of all, you can open the Microsoft Word app that exists on your computer.
2. Then you can click on the top of Microsoft Word called Ribbon. Click Ribbon Home then navigate to Find> Find .
3. Next will appear a window or a new window on the left named Navigation .
4. Type in the word you want to search in the Navigation window, then Word will automatically search and highlight the words that match the keywords you entered earlier.
5. In addition to the above ways, you can also search for words or sentences in the following way. Mouse over ribbon Home> Find> Advance Find .
6. Next you will be directed to a pop up box named Find and Replace . Make sure you are on the tab Find .
7. Then type the word or phrase you want to search and click Find Next .
8. Microsoft Word will automatically search and highlight words or phrases that match the keywords previously entered.
Changing Words or Sentences in Microsoft Word
1. First of all you have to open the Microsoft Word application that exists on the computer.
2. Then open Home ribbon and select Replace as directed by the image below.
3. You will then be redirected to a pop-up box named Find and Replace . Make sure the current tab is tab Replace . Then fill in the Find what field with the word or sentence you want to replace and the Replace with column with a replacement word or sentence, then click Replace or Replace All .
4. Wait a few moments while Microsoft Word processes the word or phrase replacement until it exits the warning box indicating how many changes have been made.
5. In the Find and Replace box, you can not only replace words or phrases, you can also replace words or phrases with some additional options even to reformat. You simply click the more button and will exit options that you can use. If you want to format the words on the words or sentences you want to change, you can simply access the Format button and you can re-format the words or sentences.
 So here are some tips and how to find and replace words or phrases you can do in Microsoft Word. Hopefully these tips can be useful to you.