Data on each computer is personal data which only users can access. Even though another user can access it, at least he must get permission from the owner of the data.
Now, easily connected to the network, everyone has more opportunities and easier management of other people's data. Therefore, every computer user should be able to maintain his personal data in order to avoid intruders or other irresponsible users.
It is undeniable that theft of data on a computer has occurred to many parties. the loser. The Windows operating system is more widely used, although it has a good user friendly but still loses its security system. Therefore, data on a computer with the Windows OS becomes an easy target for criminals.
One of the problems is to create a read-only partition on your computer. The function of this read-only so that other users can only read the file without being able to make changes to the file. This article will discuss how to create a read-only partition in Windows 10.
2 How to Create a Read-only Partition in Windows 10
In Windows OS itself has attributes that can be used to manage each file based on its function to the user. One of the attributes that will be discussed in this article is read-only which gives the function of reading only on the file.
In other words, the read-only function that is applied to the data will not edit the data by others. Here are 2 ways to make partitions read-only on Windows 10. Let's follow the steps below:
Method 1: Through Windows Explorer
1. Open Windows Explorer > then select This PC or My Computer> then right-click on the drive then select Properties .
2. Next, please select the Security tab > then select Advanced .
3. Then please select user who is given read-only access rights> then select Edit .
4 . After that please delete all the check marks except Read > then click OK.
5. When it's finished, please click OK .
Method 2: Via Diskpart
1. Open diskpart by pressing the Windows key + R on the keyboard> then type diskpart > then click OK .
2. After diskpart opens, please type the following command: list volume > then press Enter.
3. Then a list of partitions will appear on your computer.
4. Next, please choose what partition or volume you want to be given attributes read-only, type the following command: select volume (?) > then press Enter. For example in this article I choose drive E, which is volume 3 to: select volume 3
5. After the partition has been selected, please type the following command to create read-only attributes on the partition or drive: attributes set volume readonly> 1945 then press Enter. If successful, the Volume attributes set successfully appears.
6. Then, if you want to restore or delete read-only attributes that have been added before, then type the following command: attributes clear readonly volume > then press Enter.
So many articles about how to create partitions read-only in Windows 10. Well, by making the read-only partition the partition is only given the right to read the file only . So that the user cannot make changes to the file. Management of files, folders or even partitions on a computer is an important point that should be understood by every computer user.
The reason is that well-organized data will make other users who are not entitled to access it cannot manage data or make changes to data. Hopefully this article useful for you. Keep visiting Nesabamedia to get interesting and up-to-date information.