Having a Gmail account is no longer a stranger to many people. Moreover, since the existence of a smartphone in which various applications have been installed. An active Gmail account is required to use the applications. For example, social media applications like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or others need a Gmail account to sign up. As a result, every time there will be a notification from the application that is used that entered into Gmail.
Deleting an email is very easy to do. However, if there are hundreds of incoming emails it will take a long time to delete them. However, there were many people who ignored the Gmail inbox.
In fact, if left inbox it will increase, making us even more confused to see important messages and messages that are not important or just a notification from social media. Then, how is it easier to delete emails quickly? Come on, see the explanation about how to delete the Gmail inbox on Android below.
How to Delete a Gmail Inbox on Android
In this article I will explain how to delete Gmail inbox on Android. To delete it, you can take advantage of the features provided by Gmail itself. Just go to the discussion below.
# 1 Setting Settings Delete
1. First of all, open the Gmail application on your Android smartphone. Then, select the menu icon located in the upper left corner. Or you can see it like the picture below.
2. Then, select the menu Settings .
3. Next, select General Settings .
4. Click on the section Default notification action . After that, you can set up a pop-up when the message you want to delete in the section confirms before being deleted .
5. Select Options Delete to set the Delete action in Gmail.
# 2 Delete the Inbox in Gmail
When you delete a message, Gmail will set the message to remain in Trash or trash for 30 days. After that, the message will be permanently deleted. If you don't want to delete it, then you can do an archive action to archive the message. For more details, note the following explanation.
Deleting One Message
1. Open the message you want to delete.
2. At the top of the message is the Delete icon . Select the icon.
3. Then a pop-up will appear that offers you whether you want to delete the message or not. After that, the message will be moved to the Trash file in Gmail.
Deleting Multiple Messages
1. Tap or tap the letter or photo next to the message you want to delete. You can select multiple messages to delete at once.
2. Then, a delete icon will appear at the top of the message and click on the icon.
3. Then a pop-up will appear that offers you whether you want to delete the message or not.
Deleting a Message by Category
1. In the search field, type the operator that has been provided by Gmail. For example, older_than: 1y . It aims to open messages that have been long or within 1 year. Then press Enter .
2. Then messages will appear in that category.
3. After that, you can take the same steps to delete these messages.
Now, that's a number of ways to delete Gmail inboxes on your Android. It's easy, right? By deleting these messages you can see more important messages very easily. Hopefully the article above can help you to set your inbox to be more focused. Thank you and good luck!