Happy Friday! Here’s your daily tech digest, by way of the DGiT Daily newsletter, for Monday, April 1, 2019!
1. Yes, April Fools’ is here
We have an April Fools’ Day 2019 round-up for all the major tech gags, in one place (AA).
2. We asked, you told us: Most prefer the Galaxy S10 Plus over the Huawei P30 Pro (AA).
3. Is the Huawei P30 Pro camera worth the hype? See for yourself (AA).
4. Google launches email scheduling in Gmail, finally (Google Blog)
5. Microsoft unveils new Surface Book 2 model with Intel’s latest quad-core processor (The Verge).
6. iFixit teardown: Apple’s AirPods 2 are “still disappointingly disposable” and its tiny battery will fail before long.
7. No fooling: Reddit’s r/games goes silent for one day to call out hate (Ars Technica).
8. No AI in humor: R2-D2 walks into a bar, doesn’t get the joke. (And AI never will get jokes, apparently!) (AP).
9. How Ketchup became the great equalizer and changed food (Saturday Evening Post)
10. Productivity isn’t about time management. It’s about attention management (NY Times).
11. DeepMind readies first commercial product for detecting eye disease (FT).
12. What are some recent scientific breakthroughs/discoveries that aren’t getting enough attention? (r/askreddit)
DGiT Daily: Your Tech Resource
In case you don’t know, the DGiT Daily delivers a daily email that keeps you ahead of the curve for all tech news, opinions, and links to what’s going down in the planet’s most important field. You get all the context and insight you need, and all with a touch of fun, and the daily fun element that you otherwise miss.
>> Source Link